Monday, April 14, 2008

Coppice Halifax Remixes Loafeye


I am quite pleased to announce that Loafeye's newest record, A Valid Life, has been released for free at the Rope Swing Cities label, and as if the news of a new Loafeye album wasn't good enough - I was given the honor to remix Loafeye on this album as well! As far as I know, this is the very first instance of Loafeye allowing others to remix his work, and only myself and Ten and Tracer were given the offer. I've long been a fan of his music and so I almost freaked out when he specifically asked for a Milieu remix!

Anyway, I didn't end up turning out a Milieu mix, just because the record is already largely ambient and full of slower tempos, so in my head I didn't want to come off as completely redundant with a groovy downtempo Milieu version. Usually when I listen to Loafeye, it's late at night/early in the morning, after I've stayed up until 5 or 6 AM working on new recordings. By this time, my brain is absolute mush and I am in a solid-humming-daze from staring at a computer screen for too long, and it is at that precise moment that Loafeye washes over me and everything feels good and makes sense. So, with that experience in mind, I turned out a droney 10-minute Coppice Halifax remix, which is somewhere along the lines of stuff like Motor or Fluxion. Lots of short and quick repetitions, big bass, and very subtle evolutions of sounds.

Hopefully you will dig it as much as I do, so go check it out along with some beautiful new Loafeye music (and don't forget about Ten and Tracer's remix too).

CLICK

2 comments:

Specta Ciera said...

Love it! Such an amazing remix ;)

Milieu said...

Thanks alot!